Everyone knows if you have a Blue Hen and a Blue Rooster you’re going to end up with a Blue Chick… The blue chicken family is complete!
This little chick finishes at a super cute 4″ square, perfectly to scale with the hen and rooster patterns. The tiny pieces make it slightly more challenging to piece than my other patterns, but take your time to piece accurately and I’m sure you’ll find the end result adorably worth the effort! (more…)
Cockadoodledoo, it’s time for a new pattern! This time it is the anxiously-awaited Blue Rooster to accompany my Blue Hen pattern.
It’s that time again, new pattern time! This pattern is a lovely hen based on a challenge quilt I made featuring the Delaware Blue chicken breed, so have aptly named this pattern Blue Hen. You can of course sew up your hen in any colours you like.
I’ve been spotting heaps of wild unicorns out there on #unicornquiltblock so it’s time for another round of your makes!
Terri made this picture perfect unicorn for the Rainbow Mini Swap, she has a lucky partner out there somewhere…
Amanda was not satisfied sewing only one unicorn and made a whole quilt with six unicorns! Her range of awesome colour combos demonstrate the variety of different looks you can give your unicorn blocks.
The Amandas have been working hard lately! This Amanda pieced a border of lillyella butterflies around her unicorn block to create this lovely quilt. And check out that quilting!
Ramona has made a number of unicorn blocks, but mostly recently she sewed up this awesome quilted bag. Useful quilty projects are the best.
Rachel kept her unicorn simple with solids until she got to the amazing funky mane fabrics! And the sparkly horn. Sparkly horns always.
Finally, Allison’s unicorn block is pretty and punchy. That background print is perfectly magical!
That’s all for now. Thanks to all these ladies for inspiring us with their lovely creations. New patterns coming soon!
You may recall, last week I put out my free borders pattern for the Mercury Burst block, and I was having issues making it turn out the size I wanted… I kid you not, I had a dream about how to fix it. So I have fixed it! I also noticed a silly mistake, so I’ve fixed that as well.
I have updated the original post accordingly. Apologies to those of you who have downloaded the pattern already, but it is free so pick up an improved copy here! If you still don’t have Mercury Burst, get a copy here.